Dortmund star Haaland ignoring Real Madrid talk

Linked with a move to Real Madrid, Erling Haaland's focus remains on Borussia Dortmund.
FotMob - 10 months ago

Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland insisted he was remaining focused despite speculation he is wanted by Real Madrid.

Haaland, 19, has become one of the most sought-after forwards in Europe following an incredible start to his career at Dortmund.

The Norway international starred for Salzburg before joining the Bundesliga side in January, and he has scored 12 goals in 11 games for Dortmund this season.

While Madrid are heavily linked with a move for Haaland, the teenager said his focus was on his performances.

"I focus on this, not on the attention that is towards me," he told Sky Sport on Tuesday.

"I think about doing my job, which is the thing I love most. My focus is on this."

Haaland added: "Without a doubt I started well here in Dortmund. I am concentrating on work to improve every day.

"I see that by taking care of the details I learn more and more, I try to be in the best possible shape."

In good news, the Bundesliga is set to resume on Saturday after being suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Dortmund are set to face Schalke in the Revierderby to restart the season and Haaland is excited to experience the fixture, even though it will be played behind closed doors.

"I can't wait to live and play my first Ruhr derby," he said. "I have played other derbies, but never like this."

Klopp prefers Messi over 'perfect' Ronaldo

Coronavirus: Doll hails DFL 'brilliant concept' as Bundesliga gears up

De Jong can be 'a great successor to Busquets' at Barcelona - De Boer

I was only fit for one week - Denis Suarez opens up on loan spell with Arsenal

Pulisic: Borussia Dortmund rewarded for faith shown in Sancho

10 months ago

Rumour Has It: Barcelona, Inter agreement for Lautaro 'imminent'

Cannavaro: Everyone had eyes on Messi, but I was watching Iniesta

10 months ago

Coronavirus: I didn't say Madrid should be awarded the title – Courtois discusses Barcelona comments

Real Madrid need Mbappe so he can follow in Ronaldo's footsteps – Cannavaro

Real Madrid need Mbappe so he can follow in Ronaldo's footsteps – Cannavaro

Laporta wants Guardiola return and Barca presidency

Happy birthday, Andres Iniesta – The greatest player in Spain's history

Coronavirus: Hazard trains as Madrid crank up preparations for LaLiga return

10 months ago

Milan legend Maldini tells Rangnick to learn respect in extraordinary blast

10 months ago

Bayern boss Flick hopeful Coutinho can feature before end of season

Iniesta at 36: Ten of the Barcelona and Spain great's best moments

10 months ago

Rumour Has It: Madrid eye Skriniar as Koulibaly and Upamecano alternative, Newcastle want Bale

Werner would fit well at Liverpool, says Rangnick

10 months ago

Coronavirus: Tebas hopes LaLiga can resume on June 12, expects football every day for 35 days