Szoboszlai: Milan not my only option - I like the Premier League and Bundesliga too

5 months ago

Dominik Szoboszlai has been heavily linked with a move to Milan, but the German Bundesliga and Premier League also interest him.

Milan are reportedly leading the race to sign Dominik Szoboszlai, but the Salzburg midfielder insists he has other options available.

Hungary international Szoboszlai is expected to follow in the footsteps of Erling Haaland and Takumi Minamino and leave Salzburg in the near future.

Inter, Lazio, Arsenal and Leicester City have all been credited with an interest in the 19-year-old, though it is Milan who are said to be in pole position to secure his signature for a fee in the region of €30million.

Szoboszlai has scored four goals and supplied as many assists in 29 appearances for Salzburg in 2019-20.

Asked whether he could see himself playing at Milan or in Serie A in general, Szoboszlai told Stats Perform: "I can't say anything about that. If it is going to happen, then so be it. In the end it is my decision.

"But I have more than just one opportunity. In the end I am going to choose the best one for me.

"I really like Serie A, but the Premier League or the German Bundesliga are also very good."

Szoboszlai looked up to Cristiano Ronaldo as a youngster but feels his playing style is more akin to that of Toni Kroos or Paul Pogba.

"Cristiano Ronaldo was my role model while I was young," he said.

"I have been watching him becoming the best player in the world. I am also still watching him and his work today.

"But if I had to name a player who has a similar way to play football like me, I would name Pogba or Kroos."

Coronavirus: 'Fire-sale prices' will be negotiated in next transfer window, says finance expert

5 months ago

Coronavirus: Harry Kane salutes Captain Tom Moore as fundraising hero celebrates 100th birthday

5 months ago

Mourinho provides next steps for Kane injury recovery

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has Man Utd 'on their way back', says Michael Owen

5 months ago

Coronavirus: Jose Mourinho believes football is 'never behind closed doors'

5 months ago

Prolific and adding a different dynamic – How Timo Werner could fit at Liverpool

5 months ago

Rumour Has It: Werner prioritises Liverpool over Bayern, Man Utd offer Sancho iconic shirt

5 months ago

Coronavirus: Man Utd will be 'highly competitive' in transfer market, says Woodward

Coronavirus: I'll never sign off on cancelling season – FIGC chief

Pochettino: Before I die I want to manage Tottenham again

Ferdinand baffled Pogba still taking a 'pounding' despite being injured

Ferguson text lifted Hasenhuttl after Saints' 9-0 thrashing

5 months ago

Coronavirus: Serie A clubs urged to think of next season by sports minister

Man Utd granted permission to trial safe standing at Old Trafford

On this day in sport: Kompany heads Man City to derby success

Watford secure deal for reported Arsenal target Pape Gueye

Arthur has no interest in leaving Barcelona for Juventus

5 months ago

The double is basically mandatory at Bayern – Flick accepts winning alone not enough

5 months ago

Coronavirus: AIC 'perplexed and surprised' by government decision as Serie A eyes restart