Rumour Has It: Bayern Munich eye Kane as Lewandowski replacement
Bayern Munich are reportedly preparing for Robert Lewandowski's exit, with Harry Kane identified as his potential successor.FotMob - 9 months ago
Finding players of a similar profile to Robert Lewandowski is a difficult enough task, let alone trying to actually replace him.
That is the dilemma Bayern Munich find themselves in with the wantaway striker, however.
But the reigning Bundesliga champions might have identified the player who is closest in skill-set to Lewandowski, should he get his wish and leave for pastures new.
TOP STORY – KANE BAYERN'S TOP TARGET
Bayern have identified Harry Kane as the successor to Lewandowski, according to Kicker.
Kane's contract with Tottenham expires in 2024 and the 28-year-old would command a significant transfer fee, but one that would be reportedly attainable for Bayern in the event Lewandowski leaves.
According to the report, Lewandowski hopes Bayern will accept Barcelona's offer for him by Tuesday.
He is set to return for the commencement of pre-season training this week, but the German club seem to be preparing for the 33-year-old's departure. They have already brought in Sadio Mane from Liverpool.
– Barcelona believe they will be able to sign Bernardo Silva from Manchester City, Mundo Deportivo claim.
– Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is reluctant to bring Cristiano Ronaldo to Stamford Bridge this off-season, the Daily Mail reports.
– Juventus are looking to use the funds from Matthijs de Ligt's sale to pay for Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli, per Tuttosport
– Arsenal are in talks to sign Benfica left-back Alex Grimaldo after submitting an initial bid, The Express reports.
– Wayne Rooney is set to return to D.C. United to take over as the team's head coach, according to The Athletic.