Rumour Has It: Barcelona turn their attention to Newcastle United's Bruno Guimaraes
Bruno Guimaraes has been one of the keys to Newcastle United's strong start, and in doing so he has caught the attention of Barcelona.FotMob - 7 months ago
Newcastle United's Bruno Guimaraes has only played 27 games for the club since arriving from Lyon, and he has been so impressive that he is now a target of Barcelona.
Guimaraes, 24, spent three seasons with Lyon before Newcastle secured his services in a £40million move in January.
He scored five goals in just 11 starts this past Premier League campaign, and has added two goals and two assists this season, with Newcastle unbeaten in the 10 games he has started.
The Brazil international with eight senior caps to his name is a key part of why Newcastle currently occupy fourth place in the Premier League table, but they will now reportedly have to fend off interest from Barca.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA INVESTIGATE A MOVE FOR GUIMARAES
According to The Sun, Barcelona have officially moved on from their chase of Manchester City's Bernardo Silva and are instead focusing their attention on Newcastle's Guimaraes.
The report claims Barcelona were "priced out" of a move for Silva after City slapped a price tag of £80m on him and Guimaraes would certainly not come cheap.
With his contract tying him to Newcastle until 2026, it would need a huge offer to land the 24-year-old.
While their spending spree will eventually need to be balanced out with some sales, the Magpies are said to be offering Guimaraes a new contract that will pay him £200,000 per week to put any questions about his future to bed.
– Calciomercato is reporting both Roma and Juventus are expected to pursue 23-year-old Sassuolo midfielder Davide Frattesi, who is valued in the region of €30m.
– According to The Mirror, Sporting will attempt to bring in Cristiano Ronaldo in January, and are preparing a second contract offer despite previously stating they can not afford the Portugal legend.
– Relevo claims N'Golo Kante is seen by Barcelona as a potential successor to Sergio Busquets, with the Chelsea midfielder's contract set to expire at the end of the season.
– It could be a busy January for Barcelona as Sport are reporting they hope to sell Memphis Depay, while Fichajes believe Franck Kessie will push for a move back to the Serie A.
– According to IG Esporte, Brighton and Everton are interested in 25-year-old Monaco left-back Caio Henrique.