Liverpool have urged fans to wait to celebrate their Premier League title triumph after some supporters were seen flouting social distancing measures.
Jubilant fans took to the streets on Thursday and Friday after Manchester City's 2-1 loss at Chelsea left them unable to catch Jurgen Klopp's side in the table, meaning the Reds wrapped up a first top-flight title since 1990 with seven games to spare.
United Kingdom government guidance remains for people from separate households to stay two metres away from one another during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Liverpool City Council on Friday tweeted a photo of revellers and said: "Celebrations are continuing into a second evening in Liverpool – but please remember that COVID-19 still poses a threat. It's vital that you keep your distance from others who are not in your household."
Merseyside Police subsequently put a dispersal order in place around the city centre until Sunday to avoid further mass gatherings.
A joint statement issued by the club, Merseyside Police and Liverpool City Council on Saturday said: "Throughout the last week, Liverpool Football Club, Merseyside Police, Liverpool City Council and Spirit of Shankly have worked together to consistently remind people that the region is still disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and ask people to celebrate LFC's Premier League title win safely.
"Several thousand people turned up at the Pier Head on Friday, June 26 and some chose to ignore the social distancing guidance and risk public safety.
"Our city is still in a public health crisis and this behaviour is wholly unacceptable.
"The potential danger of a second peak of COVID-19 still exists and we need to work together to make sure we don't undo everything that has been achieved as a region during lockdown.
"When it is safe to do so, we will all work together to arrange a victory parade when everyone can come together to celebrate. Until that time, the safety of our city and our people continues to be our number one priority."