Santos reiterate Pereira interest after Soteldo reveals Man Utd dream

5 months ago

Andreas Pereira said a move to Santos would result in tears of joy and the club president believes it will happen one day.

Santos president Jose Carlos Peres has reiterated his interest in Andreas Pereira after Yeferson Soteldo expressed his desire to join Manchester United.

Pereira is contracted to United until June 2023 and featured regularly for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer prior to the coronavirus pandemic leading to the suspension of football in the United Kingdom and across the globe.

Only Harry Maguire (41) and Fred (39) have made more appearances for the Red Devils this season than Pereira's 37.

The 24-year-old is a Santos supporter and said this week a move to the Paulista giants would leave him in tears.

Peres has been in touch with Pereira and hopes to make his dream a reality in the future.

"I have Andreas Pereira on WhatsApp and I have been talking to him," Peres told Gazeta Esportiva.

"He's done well at Manchester United. He will certainly the wear the club's [Santos] shirt one day."

Peres' comments came after Venezuela international Soteldo announced his intention to leave Santos at the end of the year.

Soteldo outlined his desire to help the club enjoy success in the Copa Libertadores and Campeonato Brasileiro before moving on with a career he hopes will someday take him to United.

"I want to finish this stage at Santos by December, win the Libertadores and whatever is possible and then take another step," Soteldo told 'El Drink Team' podcast.

"I always dreamed of playing for Manchester United. The dream remains intact. There are many steps to get there, but I feel I can.

"I want to go to Europe, but not to go and come back. I want to go and pursue my career with greater success. I feel prepared and I have to wait for the right moment to do it."

Jorge Jesus motivated to remain at Flamengo amid Newcastle links

Milner: It was 'big to get over the line' and win first trophy with Liverpool

Coronavirus: Serie A clubs vote unanimously to finish 2019-20 season - reports

Coronavirus: Serie A clubs handed training boost

5 months ago

Coronavirus: Premier League should consider completing season in Europe, says Neville

Rumour Has It: Liverpool target Koulibaly, Man Utd consider Werner

5 months ago

Lionel Messi to Inter? It's possible because of Zanetti – former assistant Jose Morais

Like Gerrard, De Rossi or Lampard – Totti backs Tonali to become world's best

Ibrahimovic compared to Federer by Milan boss Pioli

Coronavirus: Most Premier League players are scared to return – Aguero

He'd make our team better – Alexander-Arnold would love Sancho at Liverpool

Next Generation – Szoboszlai's development a family achievement

5 months ago

Grealish joining big club 'only a matter of time', says Villa team-mate Hourihane

Coronavirus: Liverpool hit back at mayor's 'non-starter' comments

5 months ago

Coronavirus: Liverpool mayor dismisses Premier League resumption as 'non-starter'

Au rev-Sarr! Coveted France Under-21 international intends to leave Nice