Caicedo's agent concerned Arsenal opportunity 'may not be repeated'

Share

Arsenal bid for Moises Caicedo at the end of the January transfer window, but Brighton and Hove Albion stood their ground.
FotMob - about 2 months ago

Moises Caicedo publicly pushed for a move to Arsenal last month because it was "the dream of his whole life", and there is now a feeling the opportunity may not be repeated.

Brighton and Hove Albion turned down two bids, reportedly of £60million and £70m, for the midfielder at the end of the January transfer window.

Arsenal were keen to add the 21-year-old to Mikel Arteta's ranks to help their Premier League title bid, but when it became apparent Brighton would not budge – despite Caicedo pleading to leave in a letter – the Gunners instead signed Jorginho from Chelsea.

Although Jorginho has only signed an 18-month deal at Emirates Stadium, and reports suggest Arsenal retain their interest in Caicedo, his agent Manuel Sierra is concerned the chance might not come around again.

He told Marca90: "The offers were received, you see what was on the table and Moises said he wanted to move forward [in his career], that it is the dream of his whole life, and an opportunity that may not be repeated in life.

"We then helped draft the statement [on social media].

"In that statement, he expressed his wish and his gratitude to the club because they gave him the chance to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League.

"We didn't know what would happen tomorrow, maybe he trains and gets injured. We can't know what's going to happen."

Caicedo did not train for Brighton towards the end of last week and missed the 2-1 FA Cup victory over Liverpool.

Sierra, who also claimed Caicedo asked Brighton for permission before publishing the statement, added: "Brighton understand the situation and they love him very much. It was a consensual agreement."

Caicedo has subsequently returned to training and is set to be available when Brighton face Bournemouth on Saturday.

MatchesLeaguesNews