Rumour Has It: Chelsea and Milan considering swap deal involving Pulisic for Rafael Leao
Chelsea are keen on Milan's Rafael Leao and are getting creative with ways to land the Portuguese.FotMob - 2 months ago
Chelsea's admiration of 23-year-old Milan forward Rafael Leao is not a secret.
The Blues, along with several other clubs including Manchester City, are keen on the Portuguese.
Chelsea have also been linked with Christopher Nkunku in recent days but are plotting ways to land Rafael Leao too.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA AND MILAN PLOTTING SWAP DEAL
Chelsea and Milan are considering a swap deal whereby Rafael Leao would join the Blues, claims Calciomercato.
Christian Pulisic and Callum Hudson-Odoi would be part of the deal, although the Italian champions would still demand a £90million fee for the Portuguese.
According to the report, Milan will use their Champions League game on Wednesday against the Blues at Stamford Bridge to talk with Pulisic, along with Trevoh Chalobah.
– 90min claims that West Ham midfielder Declan Rice is top of Chelsea's transfer wish list. The Hammers slapped a £120m price tag on the England international in the off-season, although that will likely drop as the length of his contract shortens.
– Football Insider claims Arsenal have reached an agreement in principle with 21-year-old winger Bukayo Saka on a new contract. Saka's current deal expires in 2024.
– Everton are eager to use the option-to-buy trigger in Conor Coady's loan deal from Wolves, claims The Times. Coady would cost the Toffees less than £10m.
– Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper could be sacked by owner Evangelos Marinakis, according to The Mail, with The Guardian linking Rafael Benitez with the role along with ex-Burnley boss Sean Dyche.
– Fabrizio Romano reports that former Inter and Lazio midfielder and Red Star boss Dejan Stankovic has reached a full agreement with Sampdoria to become the Italian Serie A club's new manager to replace the sacked Marco Giampaolo.
– Jose Mourinho is set to be offered a new contract by Roma, potentially keeping him in the Italian capital until 2026, reports La Repubblica.
– Sport1 claims ex-Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has declined the opportunity to take over at Bayer Leverkusen amid their poor start to the season.