Predictors

Balotelli talks up potential Napoli move

Could Mario Balotelli join Napoli? The Brescia forward discussed a possible switch.
FotMob - about 1 year ago

Brescia forward Mario Balotelli revealed he would love to play for Serie A side Napoli.

Balotelli joined hometown club Brescia in August last year, but was linked with a move to Napoli.

The former AC Milan, Inter and Liverpool forward said he tried to join Napoli and suggested he would still like a move to the Stadio San Paolo.

"I tried it [to join Napoli]," Balotelli told Fabio Cannavaro during an Instagram Live chat on Monday.

"I would have a great time in Naples. I would make my daughter head ultra. She supports Napoli.

"I sing to her, 'Brescia, Brescia', but she continues to support Napoli. She was very happy when I took her to the San Paolo, she was hypnotised.

"It is always a good emotion to enter San Paolo, although in my opinion the most beautiful stadium is San Siro."

Balotelli had scored five goals in 19 Serie A games this season when the campaign was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

A 36-time Italy international, Balotelli, 29, last played for the national team in 2018 and said while he wanted a return, he respected coach Roberto Mancini.

"I have a special relationship with him," he said.

"I am happy if you feel you don't have to call me up for the national team because I know that if you were to call me up, you wouldn't do it to make me sit on the bench.

"It is right that you call who deserves it the most. The day I deserve it, I will be there and play."

Why not? – Xavi backs Neymar to return to Barcelona

about 1 year ago

There's Buffon, there's Ronaldo! – De Ligt like a child in candy shop at Juventus

Pogba learned from 'unbelievable' Scholes and Pirlo

Opta Woah! The most ruthless forwards in Europe's top-five leagues in 2019-20

about 1 year ago

Ranieri backs Serie A resumption despite 'falsified championship'

Pogba: My mum always knew I'd come back to Man Utd

about 1 year ago

Rumour Has It: Madrid want Haaland in 2020 and Mbappe in 2021, Spurs unwilling to sell Kane

Coronavirus: We must complete Serie A season – FIGC chief Gravina

about 1 year ago

Gianluca Vialli receives all-clear after lengthy cancer treatment

about 1 year ago

Coronavirus: Cellino slams Lazio chief, insists Brescia will not resume Serie A season

about 1 year ago

Rumour Has It: Spurs will sanction £200m Kane sale, Man City favourites to sign Barca target Martinez

Lautaro Martinez ideal for Barcelona, says Pizzi

about 1 year ago

How does Liverpool and Barcelona target Diego Carlos compare to Europe's best?

De Rossi: I want to coach Roma, even if it takes me 20 years to get the job

Esposito and Leao play out thrilling virtual Milan derby draw

Who wouldn't like to play with Messi? Martinez's agent discusses Barca links

about 1 year ago

Rumour Has It: Upamecano Real Madrid's top defensive target, PSG eye Milinkovic-Savic

about 1 year ago

Scholes: Inter were the only club ever interested in me

He's an exceptional athlete – Ramsey hails Ronaldo